- Watercolor Paper – White (3-3/4″ x 4″)
- Cardstock – Dark Blue (4″ x 5-1/4″)
- Cardstock – Light Blue (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″)
- Cardstock – Card Base (5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″)
- Envelope – White
- Distress Oxide – Wilted Violet
- Distress Oxide – Worn Lipstick
- Distress Oxide – Broken China
- Distress Oxide – Peeled Paint
- Distress Oxide – Spiced Marmalade
- Spray Bottle
- *Watercolor Crayons – Caran d’Ache Classic Neocolor II Water-Soluble Pastels (https://amzn.to/2ybspxN)
- Water Brush
- Acrylic Block or Paint Palette
- Rope or Twine
The first thing that we will do is prepare our paper. We need an A2 base in white cardstock. So, to make the base cut an 8-1/2″ x 11″ piece of cardstock in the middle at the 5-1/2″ mark on the long side. Then take one of those pieces and place on a paper scoring board and score in the middle on the long edge at 4-1/4″. Now, you have a base.
Now, let’s get our other papers together. We will need a piece of watercolor paper cut to 3-3/4″ x 4″ as well as a piece of dark blue cardstock cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and a piece of light blue cardstock cut to 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
Let’s first stamp our sentiment in violet ink on our watercolor paper. Now, we will stamps the shells around the sentiment forming a backward C. Stamp the Mini Fancy Shell in violet, the Mini Snail Shell in pink, the Mini Auger Shell in blue, the Mini Seagrass in green, the Tiny Scallop Shell in mint green, and the Tiny Bonnet Shell in orange.
Spritz with water. Rub purple and green watercolor crayons on a piece of acrylic and add water with a water brush. Flick the paint onto the card.
Glue watercolor paper to dark blue cardstock. Tie a figure 8 knot in a piece of pink rope and cut pieces of tan and brown twine. Tape to the back of the dark blue cardstock, snipping the excess. Glue to card base.
On a the flap of a white envelope stamp all the shells in the same colors that you stamped them on the card.